The Aeronautical Information Service is a special unit of the Polish Air Navigation Services Agency designated for the provision of Aeronautical Information Service in Poland.
The Aeronautical Information Service is responsible for the collection and dissemination of information for the entire territory of Poland and the airspace of the high seas under jurisdiction of Poland.
The AIS in Poland is responsible in particular for:
- Collection and publication of information pertinent to the safety, regularity and efficiency of air navigation
- Publication and distribution of the Integrated Aeronautical Information Package consisting of AIP Poland, Supplements to AIP Poland, Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC);
- Issuance of NOTAM for the Polish airspace (FIR Warszawa). NOTAM messages in FIR Warszawa are issued by the International NOTAM Office in series – A, P, B, C, M, D, N, E, U, H, L, F, G, J and S (SNOWTAM) through the European AIS Database (EAD);
- Publication of aeronautical charts and maps;
- Printing and dissemination of AIS publications;
- Provision of aeronautical information.